Revealing the blog...

Toronto
I am just a randomized spectrum of life. I created this blog to express what I have recently seen and heard, defining it into my own words. I named this blog with the word Saiko, a Japanese slang for expressing "the best!" or "the coolest!." It is by no means a way for me to indirectly say what I see I consider to be crazy or psychotic. Just had to put that on the table. In short, I am going to post cool events and tell you what I think about it.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Kotoban + Kotoban = Portmanteau


Amidst my studying, my body steadily shifts back to my computer. I then click that alluring “e” and my concentration suddenly runs off…

I then found this mysterious new show: Bakemonogatari. It is a portmanteau of two Japanese words. Bakemono (Monster) and Monogatari (Story). I recently watched the first episode and all I have to say is Saiko!
The story is very different. It contains unexpected events from one minute to the next. The characters speak with detail in each sentence spoken. Explanations are given, yet the true meaning is yet to be found.
I have been searching for a show that makes you think but continues on with mystery (Not like LOST though… That show just has no place in the world anymore…). The art is modest but artistically rendered. This show has an abundance of art work in each cell. The backgrounds used are detailed and it can switch its medium suddenly during an explanation. It contains sharp colors schemes, intriguing character development, and causes the viewer to yearn for more. Of course, since it was a Japanese anime, it does contain some perverted ideas, but when you let that go, you can appreciate the anime more profoundly.
If you like weirdly coordinated story lines with character development, while having to watch beautifully applied art into the mix, I suggest you should watch this show.

Ja matta.

No comments:

Post a Comment