Revealing the blog...

Toronto
I am just a randomized spectrum of life. I created this blog to express what I have recently seen and heard, defining it into my own words. I named this blog with the word Saiko, a Japanese slang for expressing "the best!" or "the coolest!." It is by no means a way for me to indirectly say what I see I consider to be crazy or psychotic. Just had to put that on the table. In short, I am going to post cool events and tell you what I think about it.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Serenity is found South of the Equator

I finally conquered University. I was at the pinnacle of my education, and my reward was imminent travelling time away from the memories of studious days enclosed in my room. April 2009. Cuba.

To me, Cuba was a vacation away from my institutionalized, over-functioning brain filled with jargon I would use only on the job. What I loved about Cuba was the laid back scenery, the music of salsa and Reggaeton, and the friends who accompanied me on my trip.




Though many parts of the trip were beautiful, some elements didn’t measure up. For one, the food was just…. Was just… not as tasty as I hoped it would be. I realized my palate had set standards. Though the food may not have been delicious, being a famished male lowered my standards to a level similar to the Queen of England eating McDonald’s fast food, a level of the food tasting wonderfully unhealthy but with an arousing fatty substance. I then had a thought: communist countries should really learn their lesson in the culinary department.

The employees had a cheerful look on their faces, but that is something I cannot say about other travelers… The rudeness I had witnessed from some.... agh.... nevermind.

Yet, in the end, I believe it was a trip to remember. It was short and sweet, with trickling bitter spices embedded into the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment