Revealing the blog...

Toronto
I am just a randomized spectrum of life. I created this blog to express what I have recently seen and heard, defining it into my own words. I named this blog with the word Saiko, a Japanese slang for expressing "the best!" or "the coolest!." It is by no means a way for me to indirectly say what I see I consider to be crazy or psychotic. Just had to put that on the table. In short, I am going to post cool events and tell you what I think about it.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I have come to terms... I am an Otaku.


Watashi wa Otaku desu kedo, chotto desu.

Otaku. I learned this term last year from an old friend. She told me, Otaku are people who have excessive yearnings for anime culture and would succumb to cosplaying (Disguising yourself as an anime character). Though there are a variety of Otaku's within this world, I believe I am an Anime Otaku. I thought it was a ridiculous thought at one point, yet my thirst for anime seemed to have grown in the past year. I quenched for more. Motto motto! [Translation: More, more!]. Finally, this year... I cracked. I cosplayed for the first time. When the costume I had worn was complete, I realized I was no longer part of Canadian society... Any society in this world... I belonged to the Konoha Village! This is a place where ninja's roamed, ninjutsu's were the norm, and jumping from one roof to another was effortless due to the chakra running through your veins. Within this village my best friend would have been Naruto, where his teacher, Kakashi, would advise me on how to improve my justu. [Note: The Picture is Me and Kakashi] Such a dream can only exist around other Otaku's... Well I guess it's back to building that space portal. When I make that 4th dimensional gate, I will be with my Konoha brethren soon enough!

2 comments:

  1. You are indeed an Otaku. Konoha Village is lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they truly are :D
    Kage bunshin no jutsu

    ReplyDelete