Revealing the blog...

Toronto
I am just a randomized spectrum of life. I created this blog to express what I have recently seen and heard, defining it into my own words. I named this blog with the word Saiko, a Japanese slang for expressing "the best!" or "the coolest!." It is by no means a way for me to indirectly say what I see I consider to be crazy or psychotic. Just had to put that on the table. In short, I am going to post cool events and tell you what I think about it.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Last minute friend – Masa wa ore tachi no tomodachi desu yo!

Tall, long haired, and the style of a Rockstar… No, this is not a Missed Connection, this is about my last minute friend, Masa. Last year, he had moved to Toronto and had lived in Toronto for 1 year. Yet, I had only met him last month. My friends and I were able to enjoy nightlife, restaurants, and of course Japanada (A place for conversation and cultural exchange with Japanese foreigners). Masa and my friend Andy had created a close bond once I helped introduce them to each other during Japanada. Unknowingly from the start, their somewhat similar style and fascination with their love of music created a bond, which sometimes I call “Bromance.” Also, my friend and Andy’s girlfriend, Heather, was also in the mix of the outings. Yet, we slowly learned Masa was bound to leave to Japan in a few weeks. This was an awful thought. Finally the day arrived of his farewell. Once he left, I spoke to Andy and Heather at the airport. With uneasiness in the air, Heather had made me realize something: You meet friends from around the world, however that ‘click’ from the sound you hear when a relationship just occurred, can fade away. No problems ever occurred with this fellow. No argument. Only kindness and wonderful crude Japanese terms he would teach us… I appreciated all the awesomeness he shared. I am happy we had met you! We shall visit you in Japan soon.


To you Masa… KAN PAI!

2 comments: